Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful - November 2012

30. I'm thankful for the holiday season. Even though its bloody stressful, there's nothing like Advent to lift a spirit!

29.  I'm thankful for occasional simplicity.

28. I'm thankful for my grandparents.  There's nothing better than growing up with the love of grandparents surrounding you, teaching you, spoiling you, and cherishing you.

27.  I'm thankful for books - the worlds they open, the way they smell, how they make you feel, and their honesty in just existing, their permanence shouting to the world that things don't always have to change.  They grow old over time, just like us, but they remind us that the world doesn't have to go by so fast.

26.  I'm thankful for second chances.  God never gives up, never lets go, and always wants you back, no matter how you feel about him.

25.  I'm thankful for realizing what true love is, and for the gift of having been able to feel it in my life.

24.  I'm thankful for old world tobacconists with cool shops, old furniture, night air, and restored builings.  Oh yeah, and bon fires. :D

23.  I'm thankful for the holiday spirit!  

22. (yeah...happened again) Today, I'm thankful for feasting - the blessing it is to be able to feast, and the fun and family it brings.  Also, it reminds me that I really enjoy being a part of American culture :D

21. I'm thankful for Tolkien, and the beautiful picture of reality that he painted through wonderful fantasy.

20.  I'm thankful for tonight, spent playing 42 with one of my other mother's, Blythe, and Miranda, laughing til it hurts, and making good food with good friends.

19. Thankful that teachers get plenty of holidays. :S

18.  I'm thankful for Ren Fest - the nerds, the music, the smells, the enjoyment, and being able to dress up and still being the cool kid.

17. I'm thankful for old houses, the changes that happen in my early 20's, and the relationships that lead to spending an hour scrubbing oil into a wood floor, and enjoying every second of it.

16. Thankful for kittens, and how warm and fuzzy they make me feel. :)

15. (oops... got FAR behind!)  I'm thankful for days like today when I remember why I love my job, and when I feel like I've actually done well at it!

14. I'm thankful for Anna C, who knows just how to make me laugh when situations are dark, who is my oldest friend, who sees through me, who understands my creative need to write, and who loves me fiercely and always will.  It's returned.

13.  I'm thankful for Miranda, who has understood me since we were kids, who challenges me, who helps me exercise my mind, who is always there to listen, and who thoroughly gets my nerdy and southern side.  We honestly would not be the people we are without each other.z

12.  I'm thankful for Allie B , who will always be one of my persons, who encourages me in the Lord, who understands my crazy and loves me anyway, and who I cannot image life without.

11.  I'm thankful for nights of the arts, good food, good wine, feeling beautiful, running in the rain through a city, and a road trip full of talking.

10.  I'm thankful for a wonderful mother, who, at this point in life, is also a best friend.

9.  I'm thankful for a few extremely close friends.  There's nothing so precious as friends you've known since your formative years who truly know you inside and out.  The kind of friends who you don't have to speak in complete sentences  with, and who know that all you need is to be distracted or allowed to cry.  And who no matter how long you're apart, you still love each other totally and can pick up right where you left off.

8. "WEAVERS were the photojournalists of the day." (Eddie Izzard) Thankful for comedy and the ability to laugh, today. 

7.  Thankful for a church family who I dearly love, and who dearly love me.  They may be flawed, but they are wise with years and take care of their own, and they make me smile.

6. I'm thankful for the freedom given by Christ alone.  
"For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery."  - Galatians 5:1

5. Remember, remember... I'm thankful for people who speak out against tyranny and evil, even if it makes them look crazy.

4.  I'm thankful for a life full of scents! - burning wood in fall, fresh cut grass in summer, a baby's hair, bonfire on your clothes after Roper's birthday, lavender, an old church, basil and garlic cooking, coffee in the morning, and spring coming just to name a few.

3.  I'm thankful for Saturday mornings watching good stories with my best friend, my Mom.

2.  I'm thankful for days like today when my kids get really excited about history, and when I can open their minds a little wider in the process.

1.  I'm thankful my Dad likes it when I get home because my parents and I enjoy hanging out with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment