Monday, February 11, 2013

Fishing line, what?

I've been abnormally ill the past few months.  Not saying, I'm the picture of health, but my body has decided to take me down more frequently than is usual as of late. And its nothing certifiable. Mostly, its headaches and short bouts of returned-meals. The headache that kept me home from school/work today lasted three days and kept me away from a newborn baby I've been dying to meet.

My conclusion: stress. Its the only thing that fits. My dad asked what I could possibly be so stressed about, then told me to not let my kids get to me so much. On that one count, he's right. On the other... I have disrespectful, low achieving, and undermotivated children that I must prepare for a very hard test over 8000ish years of history in 15 weeks. Not to mention teaching Wednesdays and some Sundays to a youth group that is drowning. Among other things I've taken on. I think a lot of the problem is that I've taken all this on MY shoulders and haven't been leaning on the Lord. Quite honestly, I've never really learned how to do that. Instead, I complain a lot and keep pressing on.  The stress may be taking me out, but it seems his is also a spiritual wake-up call.

So here I am confessing that sin, and trying to do the cast your care thing. Honestly, its quite hard.  For me.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones." Pv 3:5-8

1 comment:

  1. "Don't worry about anything: instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

    ReplyDelete