Saturday, March 29, 2014

What do you want to do more than anything else in the world?

One of my students asked me on Friday what I wanted to be/do more than anything else in the world. It was completely random and personal and several things ran through my head before I simply and dishonestly said "I don't know."

My first thought was "curator of the British Museum" because that's my go to answer when people ask what I wanted to be when I grew up.  But, being a jaded adult, I don't want that job now. Then I thought, "I am what I always wanted to be", which is true. I love my job and I can't imagine doing anything else... professionally.  Which was when the real answer came stirring out of my heart - what I want to be more than anything else in the world is the most honorable and worthwhile thing anyone can be: a wife and mother.  That's what I want more than anything else.

Its amusing how God uses the oddest things to expose your.heart.  I'm really struggling with contentment lately, but slowly and surely God is molding and pushing me towards finding my value not in my job or my relationship status, but in my Creator. I am not there yet, but he's illuminating things. Sanctification is what life's about.

"All of a Christian's life should be one of repentence." - Martin Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment